A journey that is unique in its kind
Accompanied by your guide, dive into a fascinating underground world and discover its stunning geological treasures.
An enchanted underground world
As soon as you set foot in the Cave, your surroundings work their magic… Explore secret galleries and immense cave chambers, decorated with a wide array of draperies (or curtains), stalactites and stalagmites. The river Lesse plays hide-and-seek in the Cave, crossing your path every now and then…
In the gigantic Weapons Room (nearly 110 meters underground), you can discover the sheer magic of the new sound and light show: Origin. Let yourself be carried away on a journey through the millennia, back to the origins of our world…
- Equipment: remember to dress warmly: all year round the temperature in the Cave is on average 9°C. We recommend you wear walking shoes.
- Important: it is compulsory to wear a face mask (from the age of 12) is compulsory in the Cave. We request that all visitors over 12 bring their face mask when visiting the Domain or purchase one on site. ⚠️
- Animals: dogs are allowed in the Cave, on the condition that they do not disrupt the visit. They must remain on a leash at all times.
- Pushchairs: a trip to the Cave includes a total of 360 steps, so you cannot visit the Cave with strollers or pushchairs. For your own (and your child’s) wellbeing we recommend you bring a baby carrier (sling or backpack). You can leave your pushchair on the parking area provided to that effect on the departure platform.
- PRM: the usual visit to the Cave is not accessible to persons with reduced mobility. The Domain organizes special PRM visits on set dates (reservation required). More information on our PRM page.
- Photos: please turn off your flash when taking pictures, using the flash is not allowed.
- Languages: the tour is led in French and Dutch. You speak a different language? Please tell your guide.
- Toilets: there are no toilets in the Cave, so we recommend you take a toilet break before and after your visit at the playground or in our restaurant La Verrière (at the entrance of the vast plain).
- After your visit: on your way back, drop by the PrehistoHan museum (free visit with your Cave or PassHan ticket).
A fascinating exhibition
On your way back, drop by the PrehistoHan museum so you can dive into the Cave’s rich history and discover the fabulous archaeological treasures uncovered on the site. Free entrance to the PrehistoHan museum on presentation of your Cave or PassHan ticket.
All year round, the Domain of the Caves of Han offers a dazzling array of special visits.
So why not explore the Domain from a different angle?